Thompson Hine traces its origination back to 1893 when Amos Burt (A.B.) Thompson, an enterprising, self-taught attorney, was admitted to the Ohio Bar and established a commercial law practice in downtown Cleveland. Mr. Thompson went into partnership first with Charles P. Hine and later, in 1911, with Walter L. Flory, whereupon the firm adopted the name it kept for 90 years, Thompson, Hine and Flory.
From a small office in Cleveland, we have expanded to eight locations including Atlanta, Georgia; Chicago, Illinois; Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, and Dayton, Ohio; New York, New York; and Washington, D.C. Today, Thompson Hine is among the largest business law firms in the United States.
Having shortened our name to Thompson Hine in 2001, we remain proud of the firm's heritage and its longstanding reputation for excellence.
For more information on the firm's history, please see our Firm Facts page.
This website provides general information about Thompson Hine LLP for the convenience of visitors to the site. The site and the content within it are not intended to establish and their use does not establish an attorney/client relationship between Thompson Hine and any visitor. Information on the website is not legal advice. Do not send confidential information to any of our lawyers without first obtaining specific authorization. This website includes photographs of our lawyers and staff. Some of the design images and photographs on our website may be of actors depicting fictional scenes. Statements on this website of prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.